18 June 2011

Strawberries, Blackberries and Cream



Summer, in my estimation, is all about the fruit. No fruit? Then it's really not summer. While all fruit is good alone...cream makes everything better, especially Double Devon Creme. While I was contemplating a healthy yet decadent breakfast I thought fresh fruit and cream. While it's easy for me to put a lot more cream than you see here, I reluctantly showed some restraint so as to not completely forgo the benefits of my fresh fruit such as
the non-fat, low calorie aspect of the strawberries, which are rich in Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, Vitamin B6, and fiber. Let us not forget about the Blackberry (my favorite berry of all), which is high in antioxidants, and polyphenols and anthocyanins which are cancer and heart disease fighters.

Too much of a good thing makes Elle a dull girl. Too much of a bad thing makes Elle a bulbous girl. The good and bad in balance makes Elle a happy girl. 

No comments: