25 August 2011

Thai Asian Broccoli with Red Pepper


Remember when former president George W. Bush senior declared that he hated broccoli? I thought to myself, "What gives? " Broccoli is one of the best tasting vegetables in the world (in my opinion). In retrospect, I think the former president was probably eating broccoli the old way. With no taste. I assure you had this recipe been put in front of him he would have enjoyed it because
it's not the same old broccoli we're all used to. It has fresh ginger, shallots, soy...and...well you get the drift. I don't mean to toot my own recipe horn, but...okay I won't. I'll just give it a little "Tweet." So here is your assignment, if you choose to accept it. Make this recipe for the broccoli hater in your house. And watch! Just watch, them come over to the dark side.
______________________________________________________
*Thai Asian Broccoli with Red Pepper
* denotes recipe comments at the end-read first

2 heaping tbsp Coconut Oil
16 oz cut Broccoli
1 Red Pepper sliced lengthwise then halved
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 small Shallots diced
2 tsp fresh Ginger finely chopped

Heat a wok or saute pan on medium low to high heat, and add the Coconut Oil letting it "melt" for about 1-2 minutes. Add the Broccoli and Red Pepper to the pan and let cook, stirring consistently, for 15 minutes. 

Modify the heat of the pan to low. Add the soy sauce, shallots, and ginger to the pan, stirring the contents after adding each ingredient. Let the dish cook, stirring consistently, or another 10 minutes. Serve immediately.


*Comment(s)
-I used frozen broccoli for this recipe. Fresh is always better. But frozen is fine too.

Enjoy!

-Elle

No comments: