03 October 2011

Onion Zucchini Quiche {Part 2 in a Series}



So here we are, part 2 in the series on Quiches. I won't take up much of your time except to say that out of the two Quiches that were made this night at my house I loved the Portabella Zucchini Quiche
best and Hubby loved this one the best. I would have bet my first born that it would be the other way around. Having been in coupledome long enough I knew we wouldn't like the same one. I don't know why we talk about compatibility in marriage, the real truth is that the couples that work (if they get through the "I want to kill him/her" phase) are complete opposite. I digress though.


Here is another money saving savory Quiche for your dining repertoire. I hope by now that you can trust me when I say you will enjoy this.

P.S. Don't forget to add a French baguette and wine with your Quiche.
_______________________________________________________
Onion Zucchini Quiche
serves 4
inspired by Mastering the Art of French Cooking
1-9 inch Deep Dish Pie Crust
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
1 medium Red Onion, diced
1 Zucchini, julienne into 30 slices
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, sliced in to 4 pieces

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl add the three eggs and the buttermilk, and stir gently. Add the onion and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Pour the contents of the bowl into the crust.

Place the julienned zucchini on top of the egg, buttermilk and mushroom mixture. Place the butter on top of the zucchini equidistant from each other. 

Place the Quiche in the oven and let cook for about 25-35 minutes. Cooking times will vary based on oven. The Quiche is done cooking when the crust is a golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the Quiche.

Enjoy!
-Elle

No comments: