23 February 2012

2012 DIY Oscar Fun: Someone Must Make it Entertaining

Images L to R: Oscar Ballot from Studio DIY; (below) Official Oscar Nominee List from Snap; Oscar themed "vase" from Hostess with the Mostess; and Oscar Ballot from Twig & Thistle. 

You can probably tell from the title of this writing dear friends, that I find the Academy Awards terribly B.O.R.I.N.G. But somehow, every year I'm caught! I watch it, as if I'm going to miss something. Then at the end of the 9 hour stuffy gala I realize once again I would not have missed anything. But unfortunately, there are some things I simply cannot fight. So this year, (& I will admit it will be my first year) Hubby & I (he'll find out when he reads this) will be putting more effort & excitement into the dull affair with these great ideas pictured above, and some extras below. So here's to pulling it all together....




  • First print one of the great printable ballots from Studio DIY or Twig & Thistle
  • If you really want to be "Official" download the official Oscar Nominee List shown above; 
  • Don't forget to add some ambiance with appropriate Oscar decor; &
  • And if you want to add some game night to Oscar night make sure to download Oscar Bingo.

If the above doesn't help make Oscar night more fun, then truthfully nothing will (except maybe going to the Oscars themselves, and that's still questionable). However, I'd like to make one more suggestion.....don't forget about the booze...that will make anything more entertaining.

No comments: