10 February 2012

Raspberry Chocolate Jam Covered Bananas with Sprinkles of Honey Granola



If you read the last post, you already learned that I L.O.V.E. sweets. So I'm always on the quest for something  a little bit healthier that satisfies that after meal craving. Here is one of my favorites, for which I have to thank my friend & neighbor Nancy. If she did not have the culinary taste to bring over Wild Raspberry & Chocolate Jam to put on gourmet cheese during one of me & Hubby's entertainment nights, I would have never ventured into this paring.
But it was late one night. The party was days over. I was jonesing for a sweet. I had bananas. That alone wouldn't cut it. But then I had the Jam. I thought why not give it a try. It was, & still continues to be heaven. I've since added the granola to create varied & complementary textures.



The best part, is I can have bite sized morsels that have a perfect balance of sweet, soft, & crunchy that immediately satisfy that nAgggggggggggging craving. Hubby likes it too (though he doesn't crave sweets. He's more of a Fat & Salt man)!

Raspberry Chocolate Jam Covered Bananas with Sprinkles of Honey Granola
Makes 14
1 ripe Banana, sliced in 1 inch rounds
1 bottle Raspberry Chocolate Jam, (or you can make it from scratch courtesy of the Local Kitchen)
Honey Granola

Place the banana rounds on a plate or platter. With a spoon place a dollop of the jam (either cold or room temperature...I prefer cold) on each piece of banana. Lightly sprinkle the banana with the granola. Serve immediately. Eat. And Savor!

                                                                                   Elle  

No comments: