27 March 2012

Balsamic Peppered Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream




Hello Dearies. Once again posting from sunny Florida. Where the temperature is perfect, the pace is slow, & the eating must remain light, easy, & fresh. If you know anything about me, you know I love a good pastry, candy, & dessert (even the mediocre ones). Which given my present state I must eat VERY sparingly. But then this came along. I simply don't know what to do! For I love it so much. While the combination of ingredients may have you running for the hills. I say in all seriousness, you'll want to stay put & eat this. It is beyond good. Dare I say, AMAZING! Yes, I know all taste buds are not a like. But if you trust me the slightest, this is a dessert recipe, Loves, you should not ignore.





Balsamic Peppered Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream
serves 6

1 lbs Strawberries, tops cut off and quartered
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 Quart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

In a large bowl combine the first four ingredients and mix throughly. Chill in the refrigerator uncovered for 30 minutes. 

In a sunday bowl place two medium sized scoops of ice cream. Top the ice cream with the chilled strawberry mixture in your desired amount. Serve immediately. Enjoy immensely!

Elle



No comments: