29 March 2012

Memories of Florida-Citrus Inspired Tables & Recipes

styling by Emily Henderson

As I am writing this. Hubby is in bed getting ready for our 6:00 a.m. journey out of Florida. Next stop, back to Georgia. I'm feeling nostalgic already my Dears. I'm thinking about what a wonderful visit we've had spending time with Hubby's mom, dad, sister & her husband-and his sister. It's been a hoot.

If I had to pick one theme, besides family, that under lied this trip, it would be citrus (& peaches...). Sounds crazy. Maybe. But this is primarily a food site. I've never had such wonderful fruit before. Fresh, local, & ripe right off the vine. So juicy that you don't even need a juicer to drink its contents. In fact I've purchased some for the road at the local produce stand off US-1. So in homage to our trip & my premature nostalgia, here are some inspiring citrus foods & inspired tables as my ode to Florida. Do you have any favorite citrus recipes or images? Please share them I'd love see them & share them here also!!!


image from hip hostess

Image from Carried Away

image from Al Dente, Lemon Tart

Grapefruit Granita



No comments: