I may have led you astray Loves. Nothing can withstand a storm or become great without a solid foundation. That goes for drinks, food & entertaining. So from here on out, inserted here & there between recipes, entertaining inspiration, get together ideas & a whole host of other things that I think may fit on this little blog of mine, will be THE BASICS. A series of foundational recipes from which to work from, using my ideas or better yet your own creativity.
Spring will be here shortly & quickly thereafter summer. I abhor the thought of you using a pre made powder like substance with the shelf life of a cockroach, to quench your guests thirst. Therefore, let's start with The Basic Lemonade recipe & work from there shall we.
3 cups Water, filtered & ice cold
1 cup Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
3/4 cup Superfine Sugar
Mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher & stir until the sugar is throughly dissolved.
Now here's how to spruce your Lemonade up to Michelin star levels.
To the Basic Lemonade Recipe add
1. Good Earth's Original Sweet & Spicy Tea, cooled in your desired amount. Stir & Serve;
2. Fresh Mint Leaves, stir & let the lemonade sit in the refrigerator covered for about 30 minutes. Stir & Serve;
3. Strawberries, pureed in a blender with just enough of the existing Basic Lemonade so the strawberry purees easily. Mix together the lemonade in the pitcher and the strawberry puree. Stir & Serve;
4. Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries or all three, halved in your desired amount and added to the Basic Lemonade. Let sit covered and refrigerated for 45 minutes (stir after 20 minutes). Stir & Serve; or
5. Organic Cucumber, sliced thin. Add in your desired amount. Stir and serve.
Don't forget to spruce up your lemonade with these cute containers from Potter Barn, below.
photo image 1: Better Homes and Gardens
photo image 2: Pottery Barn