17 April 2012

Mint Raspberry Smoothie

photo image: Fueling Endurance Performance

Let's discuss best laid plans, shall we Friends. See I had a plan to make it to barbell strength this morning. That best laid plan did not work out, so I wound up walking foothills with barbells for 35 minutes. Then let's discuss the idea I had for the perfect mixed berry turnover type recipe I was going to post today. I was sure it was going to work. I purchased the ingredients last night. Prepped them this morning. Came home early from the office to cook & photograph. Best laid plans...remember. Well Dears, let me just say that the ingredient combination was flawless, but the execution left something to be desired. So here I was stuck for a recipe.

As luck would have it, I found a very good easy smoothie recipe from...you guessed it, Healthy Aperture via the Fueling Endurance Performance (FEP...that's my doing folks). The recipe is really perfect (which is located below...with a couple of my finishing touches) for me, this blog & YOU. I love (morning) smoothies, all the ingredients in this recipe are good tasting, it's quick & easy, & it keeps with the berry recipe theme I had intended for today.  So have a smoothie, this smoothie, this fine day. And maybe tomorrow I'll have my recipe perfected.

Best laid plans.

Do you have any smoothie combinations that you can't live without? What are they?

Mint Raspberry Smoothie

1 cup Frozen Raspberries
1 small handful of Fresh Mint Leaves (about 5-6 leaves)
2/3 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
1/2 tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
1-2 tbsp Protein Powder (optional)
Dark or Vegan Chocolate Chips to garnish (optional)

Place the first six ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the blended ingredients into a glass. Add the chocolate chips sparingly to garnish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

Elle

No comments: