19 June 2012

Bok Choy with Flowers & Red Onion



Hubby & I happened upon a farmers market vendor last year. A family. With a family farm. About 60 minutes outside of Minneapolis, if I recall correctly. One of the sons, the most knowledge, confident & helpful vendor I have yet to come across has & continues to have good reason for his self assurance. They have some of the best vegetables I can find. They remain our go to farmers. Last year...he got me & Hubby hooked on their fresh blossoming bok choy. He told us how to cook it too. Sauté. Flowers & all. With a little spice {salt & pepper}.

I have since elaborated on this idea, as is my way. But whether you do it my way or the son's {which is the foundation of this dish} you cannot go wrong.

Bok Choy with Flowers & Red Onion

1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 bunch blossoming Bok Choy, chopped {flowers & all}
1/2 Red Onion, sliced in rounds
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2-1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper [optional...we like it spicy here at Casa Walczak}

Heat the oil over medium heat in a wok or sauté pan.

Increase the heat to medium high. Add the remaining ingredients & sauté to your desired firmness level for the bok choy. Make sure to stir the dish often. 

Place on a platter. Serve. Enjoy.

Elle

No comments: