26 June 2012

Corn Avocado Cilantro Salad



I love sharing my recipes with you. Make no mistake about it, every recipe featured here on this site has been eaten by my family {immediate & extended}, friends or neighbors {some of whom are neighbors & friends}. But I do have a confession to make. This site is also very much my own on-line recipe box.

You see, I get something in mind to create. I may make it once, or twice {three times at the most, & if it's not tasty from there it's a bust in my estimation}. I'll jot down the measurements, ingredients. Make it. Post it if it's good. Often I won't make the dish again for quite sometime. But then what usually happens well down the proverbial road, is Hubby and I ask the same question most families ask each night, "What do you want for dinner?" I may vaguely remember a recipe I once made. One I liked so much I posted here.  But I will have no idea what it's called, its full ingredient list, or how to cook it. So I often come to my own site to learn how to cook my own recipes...again.

For example, this past weekend someone requested I bring my Strawberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie to dinner at their home. I could not remember the measurements for the crust at all {and I had just made it the weekend before}! So often times you'll find me in my kitchen, on my iPad, on his site, much like you, attempting to find something to cook. And reading the directions, just like you, as if I've never made the dish before either.

Corn Avocado Cilantro Salad
serves 4

30 ounces corn (fresh or canned)
1 Avocado, cubed
20-30 fresh leaves Cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt
Pepper

Add the first 4 ingredients into a bowl. Mix throughly. Add salt & papper to taste. Serve on a lovely summers evening. Enjoy.

Elle

No comments: