25 July 2012

Summer Beet Salad with Dill & Yogurt




Don't let the color fool you. If you're a regular beet eater a little purple won't send you running to the hills. But if you aren't, stay put & hear me out. Potato salad with its mayo, mustard & onions is all the rage at any summer picnic. But I'm here to start a revolution. A beet revolution. Although, I have to admit I literally did not taste the stuff until last year, at the ripe of old of...37. I love them, now. I do! In all ways.  At first I only loved them hot in lots of lots of butter. But now my affinity has grown. Plus, they are so good for you. So here's my recipe for a summer beet salad, with a "kick." To know what that is you have to read the recipe.

Summer Beet Salad with Dill & Yogurt

6 Beets, boiled, peeled, and cubed
4 ounces Horseradish
*1- 1 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
*1-2 Tbsp Fresh Dill
Salt

Boil the beets until tender. Let cool to room temperature about 1/2 hour. Peel the skin from the beets, and cube. Place the beets in a large bowl and add the horseradish, 1 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon dill. Salt to taste. Stir the contents of the bowl throughly. Place the salad in the refrigerator to cool for 1/2 to 1 hour. Stir contents again. Eat. Enjoy.


*Add the additional 1/2 cup yogurt if you want to dilute the "kick" of the horseradish & want a creamier salad. Add the additional tablespoon of fresh dill if you like more of a dill taste. 


Elle


No comments: