14 December 2012

12 Movies of Christmas: #8...How the Grinch Stole Christmas {the Original Movie}


They say Christmas is for children. I don't agree. I think it's for everyone. But it is especially joyful for children & people who are kids at heart. Every time I watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie (the original mind you), I'm taken back to about 7 or 8 years old, when I first saw this movie. I was dying inside when the Grinch plotted & then took Christmas from the people of Whoville.


Clearly being a dog lover from an early age, believe it or not, my heart broke the most for the Grinch's unwilling accomplice...his dog turned enslaved "raindeer,"lugging that huge slay of stolen toys up that huge mountain. That made me the angriest. But what would a story be without a villain, some innocence & eventually redemption (or revenge depending on what tale you're reading)?


If you have never seen the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas, haven't seen it lately, or haven't shared it with your kids, cue up the DVD player or Netflix (if they have it). It will bring you back to childhood, & be a great memory for your child when they become an adult. Really, who can resist anything Dr. Seuss?




No comments: