12 December 2012

12 Movies of Christmas: # 9...Love Actually



Let's talk about Love. Shall we? It's the most powerful form of magic & can reverse any curse (there I go again with my Once Upon Time reference). But really it is pretty powerful stuff. We want it, sometimes get sad over it, make poor decisions because of it, & take chances while in the midst of it. And other's of us just can't accept it, despite desiring it. That's Love Actually. Really. I love this movie. I just watched it this past weekend with Hubby & was reminded that love comes in all forms, for all ages. It can make you excited, & exacerbated at the same time.


If you don't know the movie Love Actually, here it is in a nutshell. It begins 5 weeks before Christmas. It's a series of vignettes about different peoples lives (some couples, some singles, & a man and his son) & how love affects their lives. Sometimes the love is unrequited, sometimes it's inappropriate, sometimes it's oddly sweet, other times, it's inspiring, & still at most times it's eye opening.


Thrown in is an aging rockstar trying to make another hit song (who realizes what love is too), who says whatever the heck he feels like. It's quite refreshing really & I only wish I could do that in my own life. Maybe when I'm older, my grandmother's age, like my grandmother does. If you want to feel love this Christmas, look at your family & friends first...then watch Love Actually.

Love, Elle.



No comments: