18 December 2012

Hot Buttered Rum



This past weekend we had people over for a holiday "tea" {"tea" is in "'s because it really not a tea...but you got that right}. The invite I sent out indicated that everyone was suppose to provide their favorite holiday drink {preferably with spirits, but non-alcoholic was okay too}. I hate to say it, but most of our friends failed miserably in the creativity department. But one of our friend's brought Martha Stewart's Sorbet & Champagne Cocktail, which I had many of. I made Hot Buttered Rum. Unfortunately, no one got to try it. You see, I thought my drink would be a great wind down before everyone left. But all of the sudden it was midnight...& I had forgotten all about my rum recipe. And well...everyone left. Oh well. More for me!

I've been drinking this recipe, that I got from my post law school roommate, for over a decade. While the picture may not be glamorous, the drink is to the tummy. Some advice...if you want a lot of the recipe stick to the ingredient measurements. If you want a decent amount but not too much, cut the recipe in half.

Hot Buttered Rum 

1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 lbs (or 2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/2 lbs (or 1 cup) Brown Sugar
1/2 lbs (or 1 cup) Powdered Sugar
1 Bottle Rum

Beat all the ingredients {with the exception of the rum} thoroughly together with a hand mixer. Freeze Mixture. 

To create the hot buttered rum drink: In a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and 1 tablespoon of the mixture above. Fill the remainder of the mug with boiled water. Stir thoroughly. Drink while hot hot hot!

Elle


No comments: