20 January 2013

Apple Blueberry Granola Muffins



Is it just me or does anyone else believe that baked breads, muffins, & scones are particularly appropriate to eat on Sundays? I feel like eating is a fine line between healthy & not so healthy. While I love to munch on some chips & salsa, I will equally munch on granola. I love it (or should I say...them)! So I thought why not make a granola muffin. These are so good & moist! They have an unexpected flavor twist, lemon, which adds a nice freshness to the muffin.


By the way, I cannot get enough of these muffin liners. I was perusing Michael's $1.00 bin & found a whole assortment of pretty liners. They make me just want to sit & stare at my good muffins in the pretty paper. If you get the liners you'll feel the same way! 

Okay, back to the recipe. It's easy. Fast. Do not forget to taste the batter. It is delicious!!!


Apple Blueberry Granola Muffins
makes 10 muffins

Ingredients:
3/4 cup (heaping) Bob's Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
Rind of 1/2 an Organic Lemon
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs

Cooking Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your muffin tin(s) with paper liners. 

Place granola into a food processor and pulse until the granola is finely ground. 

In a bowl add all the ingredients. With a wood or silicon spatula blend the mixture until it is evenly combined. Spoon the batter into the paper liners, about half way. 

Bake the muffins in the oven for 20 minutes (cooking times will vary with ovens) or until they rise & are golden brown. Eat hot or cool (after resting on a wire rack). Either way they are yummy! 


No comments: