31 March 2013

Chorizo and Broccoli Pasta


This recipe was completely born out of necessity. I had just finished a 90 minute ballet class. I then went to some hardware stores to shop around for a home project on my list. By the time I started thinking about lunch it was 4:00 p.m. (by the way I barely ate before my ballet class). In a fit of hunger rage the usual fast foodie subjects came to mind. Then I remembered the 90 minutes of ballet I just had, in front of a mirror for 45 minute of it!!! So fast food was not an option. : ) I hightailed it to my least favorite grocery store. It's my least favorite because I have such a hard time thinking of things to eat there. Maybe it's the ambiance...who knows! This combo of ingredients just happen to be good & fast. So if you are in a pinch & a hurry...keep this in your recipe box!

What are your go to quick meals?


You'll need the main ingredients above: 

1 lbs wheat penne pasta
9 ounces organic frozen broccoli florets
7 ounces marinara-pasta sauce
2 chorizo sausages, sliced into rounds
salt
crushed red pepper, optional
dried rosemary, optional

Cook the pasta according to the directions. When the pasta has approximately 5 minutes left until it is done, add the broccoli to the pasta for the remaining 5 minutes. Drain the pasta. Put the pasta back in the pot and add the pasta sauce. Stir. Set on medium-low on the stove top. 

In a skillet on medium high heat, cook the sausage for approximately 10 minutes, until it is cooked through. 

In a large bowl add the pot of pasta and the sausage. Add salt, rosemary and crushed red pepper to your desired taste. Mix thoroughly. Serve. 


No comments: