11 March 2013

Egg Soufflé "Muffins" with Capers and Parmesan Reggiano



I swear at some point I'm going to turn into a chicken & start eating my own eggs. Every morning I say, "I'm not going to have eggs today. Too many eggs!" Then I have eggs. I never regret it. Maybe I should just take the egg eating while I can get it. My cholesterol levels are always low every year. So the only thing that could stop me from eating eggs at this point is, boredom. Clearly, I'm not there yet. Hubby, never has this internal struggle about eating eggs. He would gladly say he's a chicken & he eats his young. Now if I were a farmer, even an urban farmer, I would not go through this dilemma...I don't think...

Sorry dear readers, you have just read the rantings of an egg lunatic. I will swiftly steer myself back on course.

In the midst of my internal egg rebellion, I came up with this egg souffle "muffin" dish {so much for relying on my brain & its "rebellion" capabilities} Darn it all if it isn't good. So here I have it & you. Another egg dish to love for breakfast. How am I ever going to say "No" to the egg? All ideas welcomed, even crazy ones!


Egg Soufflé "Muffins" with Capers and Parmesan Reggiano 
serves 3

Equipment
6 cup muffin pan
pastry brush or paper towel
toothpick or small knife

Ingredients
6 organic Brown Eggs, beaten
1 tbsp Half and Half
Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Capers, heaping portion
Parmesan Reggiano 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put approximately a 1/2 pat of butter at the bottom of each muffin cup. Place the muffin pan in the heated oven for 30-60 seconds to melt the butter. Remove the pan. With the pastry brush, coat each muffin cup (bottom and sides) with the melted butter.

In a bowl add the eggs, and half and half. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups equally. Add the capers into the muffin cups equally. 

Place the muffin pan in the oven. Let cook approximately 20-25 minutes (cooking times will vary with ovens), or until the egg mixture puffs up (like a popover) and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the egg mixture. 

Turn off the oven. Sprinkle parmesan on top of each of the egg souffle "muffins" in your desired amount. Place the muffin tin back into the oven for approximately 3-5 minutes until the parmesan is melted. Remove the tin from the oven. Serve the egg soufflé 's immediately! Enjoy!!

Elle


No comments: