05 March 2013

Steel Cut Oatmeal with Almonds, Raisins and Dried Cranberries



Hubby has been so excited about the month of March, since his birthday is in this month. I on the other hand,  have to admit I've been a tad negative. You see we always have so much snow fall in March. I like snow. But in the quantities we get it, this time of year...the dogs even hate being outside. They are perplexed as to where they may relieve themselves in a 10 foot snow drift, on every boulevard, yard, and curbside. Well, I was right. We got dumped on these past couple of days. So hearty snow falls, call for man size hearty breakfasts! I picked oatmeal. But I have to admit, I don't really like oatmeal. Too bland. The test was to make an oatmeal that I actually would want to eat again. I did it...with the thanks of mostly the dried cranberries & raisins. Almonds gave it a needed crunchiness. If you like oatmeal try this! If don't like oatmeal, try this!




Ingredients: Steel Cut Oatmeal; Almonds, chopped; Raisins; and Dried Cranberries.
Directions: Cook the oatmeal according to its directions. When the oatmeal is done, spoon it into a bowl. Add the almonds, raisins, and dried cranberries on top. Serve, Stir, And Eat!

No comments: