04 March 2013

Tuna with Chickpeas and Pesto Salad



How is everyone's New Year(s) resolution(s) going? We are only three months into 2013. I hope that even if you may not being doing your goals perfectly everyday, you still have not given up on them! Mine are going well. Although I think I actually had more goals in my mind for this new year, then what I wrote down. So, doing them is all is quite the organizational challenge! Because I am so time crunched lately, meals at the house these days have to be quick {until we hire a cook then they can be slow & easy : ) ). What I love about Hubby, is that he is as devoted to home cooked meals as I am. There is no surer way to increased energy besides sleep {I'm still working on that} & good food. Here is another meal we snagged from Real Simple. It lives up to it's name sake. It has come just in time, considering we are sometimes short on time here!


Tuna with Chickpeas and Pesto Salad
{a Real Simple recipe}


2 15-oz cans of Chickpeas, roughly chopped
12 ounces of Roasted Red Peppers, in a jar
24 Black Olives, pitted
2 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
3 5.5-oz cans Tuna, drained
5 tbsp Pesto, store bought or homemade
Sea Salt
Pepper

In a large bowl combine the first six ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper in your desired amount. Serve and enjoy!

Elle

No comments: