23 April 2013

Color Theory: no Blues for Blue and Yellow


Did you know that blue is a calming color? So I'm not exactly sure why "the Blues" are called the "blues," considering they usually only conjure up depression or regret. So if you know why, drop me a line. Obviously blue usually connotes masculine. Is that the same for baby blue, or Tiffany blue? Now, yellow to me is a sign of Life with a capital L...like the sun. What better combination is there than blue & yellow or "calming life." Obviously you can see that this combo works in everything. Fashion. Decor. Food. It's a color mixture that might scream baby shower. But I think it's so much more then that. I'm actually glad I did this color theory. It has me rethinking blue & yellow on a grown up scale. What do you think?



photo images {clockwise from top left}: entryway, Pintrest; duck wafer cookies with royal icing, The Cookie Pixie; bundt cake, Sunday Suppers; woman with denim shirt & yellow skirt, Easy Fashion Farid; dark blue hallway, House and Home; pillow & blankets, Tickle the Imagination; gingham take-out boxes, The Lovely Find; ball jars, Baby Lifestyles.


No comments: