10 April 2013

Color Theory: Red and White



I love red & white together. But I like more white then red. Red is always the accent to white for me, & not the other way around. There is something spring & summery about these two colors together. If it's just red it screams fall. I don't like thinking about fall in spring. But if it's just white, it reminds me of a long hot summer. When it's red & white, it all of the sudden becomes cool & chic. Make sure you don't add blue to it, because then it just screams Independence Day. That's okay, if it's Independence Day. As a fashion side note, there is nothing better & more alluring than red lips against a modest color backdrop like white. Talk about attention grabbing! That's it. I've figured it out. White and Red is attention grabbing, in the good way!


photo credits clockwise from left: photo of woman, Vanessa Jackman; arbor, Better Homes and Gardens; toile chairs & wallpaper, My French Country Home;  wall of frames, Elle Decor; baby's room, unknown; pie, Martha Stewart


No comments: