21 April 2013

Focaccia Salad Pizza


We love pizza in this house. Here's our confession. Almost every Friday night is pizza night! It's like we never grew out of living at a dorm.  We don't eat the same pizza every week. Although, we do have the same brands of pizza's quite often. Whole Foods pizza. Lake Harriet Pizza. Every now & again Pizza Luce. In an effort to be healthier {I am well aware of the irony of "pizza" & "healthier" in the same paragraph, sentence, or page} I wanted to start making our own pizzas.

You noticed I didn't say in an effort to be healthier I wanted to eliminate pizza.

As I told Hubby, I remember having the best salad pizza of my life in college, either in New Jersey or Italy. I can't remember which one. Given the places are so similar to one another, you can see my confusion. That vague memory of a salad pizza was the inspiration for this. The focaccia came into the mix because 1) I didn't feel like dealing with dough, & 2) I love focaccia just like everyone else. It was a win win all the way around!



Focaccia Salad Pizza

1 Margarita Foccacia
3 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, cut into slices
1 Avocado, cubed
1 1/2 -2 ounces Romaine Lettuce, shredded
1/2 pint Grape Tomatoes, cut into thirds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the sliced pepper jack on top of the focaccia {the more cheese the better}. Place the focaccia in the oven and warm, approximately 10-12 minutes.

While the focaccia is warming, in a bowl add the avocado, lettuce, and tomatoes together. Mix well.

Remove the focaccia from the oven. Cut into slices. Add the salad mixture on top. Serve warm. You'll love it!


No comments: