14 April 2013

Gnocchi with Tomato, Crab & Lemon



Hubby was out of town for a night this weekend. That meant I could...do & eat whatever I wanted without any push back. Now let me clarify for any of you who are not attached & living with someone. Being married is great! But there are little compromises you make, that surprisingly enough you forget about. The other person doesn't ask you to make the compromise {the one's you forget about. The ones you don't forget about-they probably asked, & you probably reluctantly agreed}. You just do for the sake of love.

For example, this weekend I got to wake up to the smell of Amaretto French Roast Coffee. If you're single, this is not a big deal. But I have not had flavored coffee in the morning in God only knows how long. Hubby dislikes flavored coffee. He likes coffee with Umph. Flavored coffee usually doesn't fit the bill. So over the years I've compromised. But this weekend I got my flavored coffee, & I was like a baby having sugar for the first time. I wanted more, more, more! In fact I had to much & started feeling sick {see...like a baby with bad parents who do not tell it "No!"}.

What I also got this weekend was Gnocchi. Usually Hubby is not picky when it comes to eating. But if you give him a pasta choice, it would not be Gnocchi. Now, I LOOOVVVEEEE Gnocchi. Ever since I went to Italy & had it there. It was incredible! I've been chasing that taste every time I've made a gnocchi dish, since. That sounds bad. Actually, that sounds like a statement you make at rehab {"I've been chasing that high since...."} Oh boy! I've never been to rehab. I just used to watch a lot of television.

Anyway. I made this fab gnocchi dish for myself. Now I'm sharing it with you. Listen, here are some words of advice. Have this dish with a gnocchi lover. If you don't know one, have it by yourself. You don't need any barely likers of gnocchi ruining your eating experience. I'm not saying that's Hubby. I'm just saying, that I had this dish with a real connoisseur of gnocchi {me} & it was a fabulous meal!


Gnocchi with Tomato, Crab & Lemon
{serves 2 Americans or 3 1/2 -4 non-Americans}

1 lbs pre-made Gnocchi
10 oz Cherry Tomatoes, cut in thirds
Rind of 1 Organic Lemon
6 oz Crab Meat, canned is fine
Juice of 1/2 a Organic Lemon
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Shallot, chopped
Salt
Pepper

Cook the Gnocchi according to the packaging directions. Drain.

In a saute pan on medium heat, add the tomatoes, rind, crab meat, lemon juice, shallot and olive oil. Let heat, stirring consistently, for approximately 15-20 minutes. The mixture will become more liquid from the tomatoes. 

Add the gnocchi to the saute pan. Stir very well, making sure all the ingredients are mixed well together. Serve. Salt & pepper in your desired amount. 


No comments: