13 May 2013

Orange Citrus Avocado Salad



 I'm going to break three rules regarding salads for you. No need to thank me now. You can thank me after this.

First, a salad does not have to contain lettuce in order for it to be a salad.
Second, a salad does not have to have mayo in it, if it does not contain lettuce.
Third, a salad does not have to have any traditional dressing on it to make it a salad.

Okay. You can thank me now. It's freeing right? I'm going to break another salad rule for you. You can put a salad with any dish you darn well please. In fact, this salad was paired with Chili con Carne with a side of corn bread. And I'm even thinking of pairing it with a pepperoni pizza next time. Get my drift.


Orange Citrus Avocado Salad
serves 1

1 Orange, peeled and cut into rounds
1/2 Avocado, cut lengthwise
1 small Shallot, chopped
Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper

Add the first three ingredients on a plate or in a bowl. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper over the first three ingredients in your desired amounts. Eat. Say to your self "This is good!"


No comments: