28 May 2013

Seafood Pasta


How was everyone's Memorial Day? I was in full swing today-this first work day of the week. But I have to admit that I did nothing over the long weekend but relax (with a brief couple of hours of wrestling weeds in the garden until it rained. The weeds won the first round).

I've been cooking a lot! Taking a lot of pictures. I had no idea how much I have been cooking & taking pictures until I attempted to downloaded the ol' pictures from the Canon. Let's just say, there was not enough space on my iPad  to download all the food recipe pictures I have. So buckle up my readers...who I am eternally grateful for. Have I told you how much I love you? No?

I love you!


Here is the first of many recipes this week. My seafood pasta. I promise this is a good dinner quickie. Everything starts frozen, except the pasta of course (or maybe not of course). Make sure you add some yummy garlic bread with mucho mucho butter & garlic. I've posted the picture below of some garlic bread, above the recipe to convince you. But really does pasta & garlic bread really take that much convincing? If it does for you...I'm speechless!


Seafood Pasta

Ingredients
1 pound wheat penne pasta
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
8 ounces bag frozen seafood mix (I got mine from Trader Joe's)
6 ounces frozen asparagus
6 ounces artichokes
Salt
Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper (optional)

Directions

Cook pasta according to its directions. Before draining the pasta, set aside approximately 1/2-3/4 cup of the pasta water.

On a large saute pan set on medium-high heat add olive oil. Let the oil heat up but not scorch. Add the seafood, asparagus, and artichokes. Mix thoroughly. Add the pasta water you set aside to the pan. Let the contents of the pan cook approximately for 15-20 minutes or until the contents are cook through.

In a large bowl add the pasta and the contents of the pan. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste. Toss well. Serve in large bowls for large eaters, and serve in small bowls for small eaters.


No comments: