24 July 2013

Spicy Broccoli


It may sound weird but this simple thing is one of my favorite dishes. It takes 5 minutes to make. I could literally eat it everyday. That's because I love broccoli. Once when I was little...did I tell this story before? If so, feel free to enjoy it again. Anyway, when I was little-in lower school, one particular week I became ultra obsessed with eating broccoli with cheese on it everyday for dinner. I would have nothing else. My parents obliged me. Then on the morning of the 5th day, after having had broccoli with cheese the four prior nights, my father attempted to wake me to get ready for school. I started yellling: "No broccoli with cheese!" in my sleep-waking state. As you can see, I've had a love for broccoli a long time.  It's no wonder I could eat this everyday. Now, you may not be able to-despite how yummy this dish is. But don't worry-it takes a very special person to have a complete devotion lasting over 30 years to broccoli. Don't feel inferior. It's okay.


Ingredients: 3 bunches of broccoli stems chopped; Olive Oil; Crushed Red Pepper; and Salt.
Instructions: Add the broccoli to a bowl, then add the last three ingredients in your desired amounts. Stir. Eat.


No comments: